What is the first thing that comes to mind when it’s a holiday week? For many, it’s, ‘Awesome! A blow-off work week!’ If your office is a little quiet and your to-do list is a little short, don’t waste your time simply surfing the Internet. You can still be productive! Here are some ideas:
- Help out your office buddy: Does he/she have busy work you can help with? Lend a helping hand.
- Read up: Check out industry news and blogs to catch up on the latest trends.
- Get organized: Clean your desk; clear out the inbox; update your planner, and just get organized. You’ll thank yourself when work gets crazy again!
- Have lunch: Get your teammates together for a team lunch. A little bonding never goes remiss!
- Reconnect: Send an email or call a coworker you don’t know that well or haven’t talked to in a while to catch up.
A third of your coworkers are gone, and the days are slow, but you can still make the most of a holiday work week. Have an additional idea? Please share!