For many, Memorial Day weekend signifies the start of summer. Pool parties, family get-togethers and of course, warm weather! You might have started digging out your summer clothes or adding more to your wardrobe, so here are a few things to keep in mind when dressing for success this summer:
- No flip-flops – These shoes are great for the pool, but not for work.
- Appropriate hemlines – Ladies, avoid dresses and skirts that are shorter than knee-length.
- Add some color – Leave the black for winter and brighten up your summer days with more color.
- Watch out for lighter fabrics – Light fabric might feel better when it’s hot outside, but it can also wrinkle easily and sometimes be a little see-through.
- Sleeveless shirts? – The straps of you shirt should always be an appropriate width. Never wear a spaghetti-strap shirt to the office.
- Think layers – It’s hot outside, but the AC is on full blast. Bring a jacket or cardigan with you to the office, so you’re comfortable with both.
- Jeans on Friday? No holes or frays – If you have a summer dress code that allows for jeans on Fridays, don’t abuse it by coming in with holes and frays.
- Stay polished – Remember, you’re coming to work, so you should always be ironed and tidy.
- When in doubt, don’t wear it – It’ always better to be safe than sorry!
People tend to relax more in the summer. However, it’s not a green light to wear whatever you want to work, so keep these tips in mind this summer.
Have a safe and wonderful Memorial Day weekend!