Any material changes to the privacy notice will be posted on this page.
This notice is effective as of September 25, 2018.
Medix Staffing Solutions, Inc. and its divisions, affiliates, and subsidiaries (“Medix” “us” “we” or “our”) is committed to the protection of your personal information. This Privacy Notice is intended to provide you information regarding how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process information relating to individuals (“Personal Data”), and your rights and choices regarding our processing of your Personal Data. Please read this Notice before exploring the Medix website(s), providing any personal information to Medix, or purchasing any products or services. This Notice shall also apply to Medix cellular applications (“Apps”).
Security of Your Personal Data
Medix is committed to protecting the personal data you share with us. Medix uses reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Medix supports online security using secure server technology. We take all reasonable precautions in protecting your data; however, due to the nature of technology and the internet, no one, including Medix, can 100% guarantee that your stored data or your transactions and transmissions over the internet will be completely secure.
DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Personal Identifiable Information
In general, you may visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Medix does collect the internet protocol (“IP”) addresses and domain names of visitors for site administration purposes, such as to analyze this data for trends and statistics. No personal information is obtained through an IP address, but the patterns of usage may be tracked and monitored. We may share statistical or aggregated non-personal information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties. This data is used to customize our website content and advertising to deliver a better experience to our users. Please see the section below on cookies for more information.
While some of the information collected is required for membership or business engagement purposes, other information is voluntarily given by the individual. The type of personal information that Medix may collect directly from you could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- if you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, request customer support, use our “Contact Us” or similar features, register to use our websites, sign up for an event or webinar, or download certain content, we generally require you to provide us with your contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address, or username and password;
- if you makes purchases via our websites or register for an event, we may also require you to provide us with financial information and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, or bank account information;
- if you use and interact with our websites, we automatically collect log files and other information about your device and your usage of our websites through cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies, such as IP-addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as personal data.
By providing Medix with your resume and completing an application, you authorize Medix to collect, use, store, transfer, and purge the information for employment-related purposes. Further, you authorize Medix and its employees, agents, affiliates, and subsidiaries to contact you (including but not limited to phone calls, text messages, and emails) regarding current or future job opportunities, placement or assignment details for or from its clients, and for any other purpose intended to enhance the employer to employee relationship between you and Medix and its clients.
Some U.S. jurisdictions and other countries consider some personal information particularly sensitive. Medix only collects this data when voluntarily given by the individual for statistical purposes and internal use only, such as users who also seek employment with or through Medix. Medix does not sell or share this information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such information may include the following:
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Ethnicity, nationality, gender, and other demographic information
- State ID or Driver’s License Number
- Banking information
- Vaccination records
- Any other information which you affirmatively consent to be collected via a criminal background check, driver’s record search, drug test, credit check, or any other screening requirement for which you consented in order to gain employment
How Medix May Use Your Personal Information
Medix collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products or services that you have requested;
- To communicate with you and to respond to questions that you have raised with us;
- To administer the Medix website and enhance user experience;
- Report statistics to Medix clients;
- Provide user or contractor employment and assignment-related information to clients with whom users and contractors have been or are actively engaged on assignment;
- To contact you (including but not limited to phone calls, text messages, and emails) regarding current or future job opportunities, placement or assignment details for or from its clients, and for any other purpose intended to enhance the employer to employee relationship between you and Medix and its clients;
- To forward you information of our products and services in which you might be interested;
- To prevent and detect fraud; and
- To protect and enforce our legal rights.
Medix reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party if Medix has reason to believe that disclosing personal information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other website users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Additionally, Medix may disclose personal information in response to a subpoena, warrant or other court order, or when we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, subpoena, warrant, or other court order requires it – or authorizes us to do so – or to respond to an emergency situation.
Medix reserves the right to disclose or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation, or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance, or financing of all or any portion of Medix, or of any of the businesses of Medix or a chapter/division thereof, in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
Further Disclosures of Personal Information
If you choose not to provide Medix with your personal information, you may still visit most of the Medix websites. However, you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services and you may be unable to take advantage of certain Medix benefits or membership.
Phone Application (“App”) and Telephone Log Information
If you use certain service features, we may also collect telephony log information (like phone numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information, and types of calls), device event information (such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser language), and location information (through IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers).
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services.
Additional Privacy Rights
You have certain rights regarding your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. These may include the following rights:
- to access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- to rectify inaccurate Personal Data and ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- to erase/delete your Personal Data to the extent permitted by other legal obligations (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- to restrict our processing of your Personal Data (right to restriction of processing);
- to transfer your Personal Data to another controller to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- to object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects (“Automated Decision-Making”); Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites;
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Please contact email@example.com if you believe you are entitled to and wish to exercise any of the above-listed rights.
Medix is in the fields of staffing and consulting; as such, our site is not intended for use by nor knowingly collects personal data from children under 16 years of age. If Medix has knowledge that it has collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, Medix will immediately delete such data from our system(s). Additionally, the individual, parent, or legal guardian may inform Medix of such unintended collection and request immediate removal by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Transfer of Information Collected
Your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to, and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate.
Therefore, your Personal Data may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission and which may not provide for the same level of data protection in the EEA. In this event, we will ensure that such recipient offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR), or we will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our practices, technology, legal requirements, and other factors. If we do, we will update the “effective date” at the top of this Privacy Notice. If we make a significant update, we may provide you with notice prior to the update taking effect, such as by posting a conspicuous notice on our website or by contacting you using the email address you provided.
We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about our collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data.
To exercise your rights regarding your Personal Data, or if you have questions regarding this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also send correspondence to:
- Medix Staffing Solutions, Inc.
- Attn: Privacy Officer
- 222 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2120
- Chicago, IL 60606
If you have requested our assistance regarding a complaint or concern and are located in the EEA, you have a right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.