- Security of Your Personal Information
- Data We Collect
- How Medix May Use Your Personal Information
- Links to Other Websites
- Social Media
- Phone Application (“App”) and Telephone Log Information
- Cookies Notice
- Analytics (“Google Analytics”)
- Additional Privacy Rights (EEA-specific)
- Children’s Privacy
- International Transfer of Data Collected
- Contacting Us
Medix uses reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Medix supports online security using secure server technology.
We have implemented policies and procedures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Medix uses a combination of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in accordance with applicable Federal and State laws. Data transfer, storage, and integrity for personal information are secured and transmitted via secure encryption technology, regular data backups, and key code authentication. Medix utilizes Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption that meets Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) to provide the most secure connection between your computer and our websites. To verify the security of your connection, you may click on the ESET lock in the URL bar at the top of this page at any time and see information related to the certificate.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to any Medix website or service, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. It is vital that you not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of any Medix website or service like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of these services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through any Medix website or service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Personal Identifiable Information
In general, you may visit our websites without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Medix does collect the internet protocol (“IP”) addresses and domain names of visitors for site administration purposes, such as to analyze the data for trends and statistics. No personal information is obtained through an IP address, but the patterns of usage may be tracked and monitored. We may share statistical or aggregated non-personal information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties. This data is used to customize our website content and advertising to deliver a better experience to our users. Please see the section below on cookies for more information.
While some of the information collected is required for membership or business engagement purposes, other information is voluntarily given by the individual. We may collect and use information from and about you, that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device, whether used on its own or combined with other personal or identifying information.
When you download, register with, or use our products, services, Apps, or websites, you may be asked to provide us with personal information. In the last twelve months, the personal information we may have collected falls into the below categories:
- Identifiers such as your name, postal address, telephone number, email address;
- Tax or payroll information such as social security number and beneficiary information;
- Device information such as IP address or browser information;
- Personal information categories listed in The California Customer Records Statute, such as your insurance policy number, credit card number or other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information; activity patterns, health, wellness and exercise data;
- Protected Classification Characteristics such as your age, race, gender, and health status;
- Commercial information such as your purchase history of certain products or services, or products and services that you have considered purchasing;
- Internet activity such as details of your visits to our websites and information about your computer or mobile device, including your IP address and unique device identifier;
- Geolocation data about your physical location while using our websites;
- Professional or employment information such as your employment history and current employer; and
- Inferential information about your preferences, health activities, and other interests.
While we may have collected this information, the specific information collected greatly depends on your relationship with Medix and the services or assistance we have provided to you.
Some U.S. jurisdictions and other countries consider some personal information particularly sensitive. Medix only collects this data when voluntarily given by the individual for statistical purposes and internal use only, such as users who also seek employment with or through Medix. Medix does not sell or share this information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such information may include the following:
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Ethnicity, nationality, gender, and other demographic information
- State ID or Driver’s License Number
- Banking information
- Vaccination records
- Any other information which you affirmatively consent to be collected via a criminal background check, driver’s record search, drug test, credit check, or any other screening requirement for which you consented in order to gain employment
By providing Medix with your resume and completing an application, you authorize Medix to collect, use, store, transfer, and purge the information for employment-related purposes. Further, you authorize Medix and its employees, agents, affiliates, and subsidiaries to contact you (including but not limited to phone calls, text messages, and emails) regarding current or future job opportunities, placement or assignment details for or from its clients, and for any other purpose intended to enhance the employer to employee relationship between you and Medix and its clients.
Medix also collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products or services that you have requested;
- To communicate with you and to respond to questions that you have raised with us;
- To administer the Medix websites and enhance user experience;
- Report statistics to Medix clients;
- Provide user or contractor employment and assignment-related information to clients with whom users and contractors have been or are actively engaged on assignment;
- To contact you (including but not limited to phone calls, text messages, and emails) regarding current or future job opportunities, placement or assignment details for or from its clients, and for any other purpose intended to enhance the employer to employee relationship between you and Medix and its clients;
- To send you notifications on behalf of appropriate and necessary third parties, as applicable to your relationship with us, about programs, opportunities, and services available to you;
- To forward you information of our products and services in which you might be interested;
- To give you notices about your account;
- To prevent and detect fraud; and
- To protect and enforce our legal rights.
- To other users: You may disclose personal information to other users through our messaging service, or through your use of our profile pages and other features. Your profile may display information that you submitted when creating your public profile;
- To your employer, only as necessary and appropriate, and dependent upon the type of business relationship you have entered into with us;
- For demographic analysis of our users: We may provide your IP address to our subsidiaries and third-party service providers who can use it to identify your state and zip code. This gives us valuable demographic information about the individuals who visit our website or use our services.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates: We may share personal information with our affiliates. Our affiliates will use and share your personal information only as set forth in this
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any valid court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Medix, our customers, our users, or others;
- If we suspect fraud or a threat to the security of our websites, services, or the computing infrastructure upon which it resides or is transmitted, we may share personal information, including our server logs—which contain users’ IP addresses—with other companies and/or with the appropriate investigative authorities, who could use that information to trace and identify individuals, or to perform information security services or digital forensics.
Further Disclosures of Personal Information
If you choose not to provide Medix with your personal information, you may still visit most of the Medix websites. However, you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services and you may be unable to take advantage of certain Medix benefits or membership.
Our websites may use social media features, such as the Facebook “like” button, the “Tweet” button and other sharing tabs and links (“Social Media Features”). You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on a website to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third party social media network in order to share with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network or hosted directly on our websites.
To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media networks, the latter may receive information that you have visited our website from your IP address. If you are logged into your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit of our websites with your social media profile.
Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features.
If you use certain service features, we may also collect telephony log information (like phone numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information, and types of calls), device event information (such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser language), and location information (through IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers).
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
When you visit our websites, our servers or an authorized third party may place a cookie on your browser, which can collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different sites. Cookies allow us to track overall usage, determine areas that you prefer, make your usage easier by recognizing you, and providing you with a customized experience.
Web browsers can be adjusted to disable cookies. Please refer to your browser’s help menu for instructions. However, Medix may not be able to provide you with all the services or functionality you require on the Medix website if you choose to disable cookies.
With the exception of Medix’s product, Aha! and its website https://ahaopportunity.com, Medix websites use “Session Cookies” and “Third-Party Cookies.” Aha!’s website uses “Persistent Cookies” (aka “Permanent Cookies”) and “Third-Party Cookies.”
- “Session Cookies”: these are commonly used by websites with the intention to allow you to keep items in your basket when shopping online. These cookies expire when the browser is closed.
- “Persistent Cookies”: these remain in operation, even when you have closed the browser. They remember your login details and password so you don’t have to type them in every time you use the site.
- “Third-party Cookies”: these are installed by third parties with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out various research into behavior, demographics, etc.
We also use web beacons on our websites. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. Such tracking technologies are used to operate and improve our websites and email communications and track the clicking of links or opening of emails. For cookies used specifically on the Medix Careers page, please visit jobs.medixteam.com.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services.
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. These may include the following rights:
- to access your personal information held by us (right to access);
- to rectify inaccurate personal information and ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- to erase/delete your personal information to the extent permitted by other legal obligations (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- to restrict our processing of your personal information (right to restriction of processing);
- to transfer your personal information to another controller to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- to object to any processing of your personal information carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects (“Automated Decision-Making”); Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites;
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Please contact email@example.com if you believe you are entitled to and wish to exercise any of the above-listed rights.
Our websites and services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through our services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information to our websites or services or on or through any of their features, do not register to become a member of our website or service, use any of the interactive features of our website or services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us via our toll-free number: 866-44-MEDIX or write to us at:
Medix Staffing Solutions, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
222 South Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL 60606
Your personal information may be collected, transferred to, and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate.
Therefore, your personal information may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission and which may not provide for the same level of data protection in the EEA. In this event, we will ensure that such recipient offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR), or we will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
California Consumer Rights
Personal Information, Defined
The CPRA has added additional categories of Personal Information defined as “Sensitive Personal Information”, which includes the following:
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number
- State ID Card
- Passport Number
- Race and ethnic origin
- Account log-ins and passwords
- Precise geolocation
- Religious and philosophical beliefs
- Union membership
- Your mail, emails, and texts, except where Medix is intended as the recipient
- Biometric information
- Personal Information collected analyzing your health, sex life, or sexual orientation
Your rights in the list above extend to Sensitive Personal Information where it is intended to infer characteristics about you.
Sale of Personal Information
During the last twelve (12) months, Medix has not sold your Personal Information to any third party. While Medix does not anticipate any sale of such information, you have the right to opt-out of any sale of your Personal Information where applicable. For those under the age of 16, you also hold the right to opt-in to such sales.
Use of Your Information
Pursuant to the CCPA, Medix can only collect, retain, sell, or share your Personal Information in such a manner that is reasonably necessary and proportionate to Medix’s purpose for collection. Therefore, your Personal Information will only be collected and utilized for the purpose of Medix providing staffing services.
Your California Privacy Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
For purposes of this section, “Employment benefits” means retirement, health, and other benefit programs, services, or products to which consumers or their beneficiaries receive access through the consumer’s employer. (i) “Employment-related information” means Personal Information that is collected by the business about a natural person for the reasons identified in Civil Code section 1798.145, subdivision (h)(1). The collection of employment-related information, including for the purpose of administering employment benefits, shall be considered a business purpose.
You have the right to request that Medix disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request);
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing;
- Sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You are limited to two (2) requests per any 12-month period, and may be evaluated by Medix in accordance with the CCPA.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Medix delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to a number of exceptions, some of which are listed below. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless one or more of the following exceptions apply, or an exception condition materially similar to one of these applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities, or to utilize this information in the course or researching a security incident or for digital forensics;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it; or
- An exception currently unforeseen that is materially similar to one of the above based upon evolving technology, the systems or infrastructure upon which it resides, or modification of legal requirements affecting this data from another jurisdiction or government mandate.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing us at Privacyofficer@MedixTeam.com ;
- Contacting us at: 866-44-MEDIX; or
- You, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child;
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative;
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it;
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you;
- Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us; and
- We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
Upon receiving a request to know or a request to delete, we will confirm receipt of the request within 10 business days and provide information about how Medix will process the request. The information provided will describe in general our verification process and when you should expect a response, except in instances where Medix has already granted or denied the request. The confirmation may be given in the same manner in which your request was received by us. For example, if your request is made over the phone, the confirmation may be given on the phone during the phone call.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Right to Correct
You have the right to request correction of any personal information collected by Medix that you deem inaccurate.
Medix will limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information to only those uses or disclosures necessary for Medix to operate its business as a staffing company.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to PrivacyOfficer@MedixTeam.com.
California also grants you the right to initiate a private cause of action in the event of a data breach affecting your Personal Information.
Medix complies with the CCPA’s guidelines on length of retention time of Personal Information. Medix evaluates on a case-by-case basis how long certain data may be necessary for us to retain, and uses certain criteria to establish this time frame, which include, but are not limited to:
- Your fitness for future potential job opportunities
- Your current job status
- How recently your data was obtained
Medix Staffing Solutions, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
222 South Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL 60606
If you have requested our assistance regarding a complaint or concern and are located in the EEA, you have a right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Work with a Trusted Healthcare and Life Sciences Staffing Agency.
We help companies find great talent — and great talent find great jobs.