Allied healthcare professionals have a vital role in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. Their work ranges from providing patient care to managing office operations to performing laboratory testing and much more. As in-demand as this diverse group of professionals is, it takes time and effort to source, hire, and retain them.
In recent years, the healthcare industry has experienced a widespread shift. Increased stress and burnout among healthcare professionals, including allied staff members, has led to a labor shortage. It has become more difficult for organizations to retain their top talent, creating a level of uncertainty about the future.
You’re not alone if you’re struggling to hire and retain allied healthcare professionals, but there are viable solutions to the challenges facing allied healthcare staffing. Learn how partnering with Medix can help your organization build a highly skilled allied healthcare staff.
Challenges of Allied Healthcare Staffing
Hiring these professionals comes with a unique set of challenges, including:
- Finding specialized talent: Recent data suggests that 85% of healthcare facilities are experiencing a widespread shortage of allied healthcare professionals, including therapists and laboratory technologists. The labor shortage has made it more difficult to find specialized talent, resulting in organizations experiencing longer periods to replace or appoint staff.
- Retaining talent: It’s not just doctors and nurses who have experienced burnout. While nearly 50% of all healthcare workers report feeling burned out at work, that figure increases to about 60% for certain allied professionals, including speech therapists, occupational therapists, and social workers.
- Balancing full and contract workforces: Many healthcare organizations have relied on multiple vendors and contractors to manage their workforces, but this makes it difficult to balance the needs of your full-time and contract employees effectively.
The Solution – Medix Allied Healthcare Staffing
These are complex challenges, but it’s imperative to address them now before they cause further long-term issues for your organization. Working with a trusted staffing partner like Medix allows you to get qualified candidates into essential allied healthcare roles quickly. Our staffing agency specializes in finding the right talent for your organization by using a thorough vetting process to evaluate candidates’ performance and cultural fit.
When you partner with Medix for allied healthcare staffing, you’ll get the benefits of our extensive candidate network in hiring long-term local talent. We don’t just place qualified candidates in your organization with the expectation that they’ll satisfy a short-term need. We aim to understand the needs of your workforce so we can find specialized talent who can transition into full-time employees.
As a Joint Commission-certified healthcare staffing agency with over 20 years of experience in the space, Medix offers these benefits to your organization:
- Specialized talent pools: We provide access to over three million specialized candidates across the country, ensuring we can find the right allied healthcare professionals for your organization.
- Talent pipelines: With Medix, you can build a robust talent pipeline of qualified candidates with diverse skill sets. Having this pipeline in place means you’re not scrambling when it’s time to fill an open position, allowing you to hire the best candidate for the role.
- Flexibility: Partnering with Medix provides a long-term solution to your hiring and staffing needs. Our flexible contracts allow you to assess a professional’s long-term suitability before deciding whether to invest in a permanent opportunity.
Find Quality Candidates with Medix
Allied healthcare staffing challenges won’t resolve on their own. A staffing partner like Medix can allow your organization to hire specialized local talent to fill immediate needs as you evaluate their potential to become full-time employees. We take care of the entire process, from sourcing and interviewing to onboarding and scheduling, so you can balance your workforce without relying on countless vendors and contractors.
Ready to get started with Medix? Contact us today to take the next step in building a qualified allied healthcare workforce for the future.